Monday, October 27, 2008

The Great Pumpkin

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays just because it is fun and creative. I love it. So, this year I really wanted to do some fun stuff for Halloween. But, as always time has gotten away from me and now we are on the home stretch...well, I actually got my act together and we went to The Great Pumpkin Patch in Hayden, Alabama. It was fun. We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and we got 2 pumpkins. Juliana got to pick her own and of course she picked a little one and then Mike picked a bigger one that was almost the perfect pumpkin (I say almost because I like one's with a long stem and this one doesn't and because I really wanted a white one but alas we ended up with 2 orange pumpkins). It really was a lot of fun and something that I hope we take time for each year. The next night we decorated our pumpkins and had a lot of fun doing it. We had seen these little sets of parts (they almost looked like Mr. Potato Head parts) that would make your pumpkin into different animals. So we got that for Juliana and then we got stuff to carve the other one. It was a really good family activity and I think that they turned out really cute.

Juliana is so excited about her little pumpkin!!!!

I thought they were so cute...you can see that both of them are proud of there pumpkins.

I just love this little girl!!!! Isn't she cute....

It was so hard to get her to pose for this picture. She really didn't like the sun in her eyes. But I think she looks so sweet!!!

Once again Juliana does not like the sun in her eyes and she was protesting this picture!!!!

She did a lot better with her Daddy!!! I think he held her arms down a little. LOL. I couldn't get away with that but she loves her Daddy so much!

As sad as it is, this is the best we got out of the family pictures!!!! She has a lot of fight in her. That darn sun was very bright and I had sunglasses on.

Juliana's Piggy pumpkin...it even had a curry tail. I had to talk her out of taking it with us every where we went.
She wanted a cat pumpkin so I just used a stencil out of the carving book we got. I think it turned out pretty cute!!!!

1 comments:

kitty said...

nat - First of all - what cute pictures at the pumpkin patch (they look so harvesty) Secondly, I love Halloween too - here is one of my favorite traditions. After trunk or treating (or trick or treating)the kids come home and sift through their candy. They pick all thier favorite treats and stuff a sandwich baggie full. The rest of the candy they put out on the front porch for the "Halloween Witch" who comes during the night to take thier candy in exchange for a book. This is of course optional.... if the kids want to keep all their candy, they can. But EVERY year they are all so excited about getting a book. I especially like this tradition because it means a secret stash of sweets for me!!!:)